People, especially women worldwide, love to sport jewelry regardless of their age, region, or culture. No matter how beautiful your outfit, makeup, or hairdo is, one thing that completes the entire look is jewelry.
Jewelry not only enhances one's beauty but also has emotional values and memories attached to it. Think for a moment; jewelry is presented as a gift on special occasions such as engagements, birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, etc. Therefore, it is symbolic of many emotions like love, affection, and friendship. Moreover, many people make certain kinds of jewelry an inevitable part of their personality and individuality.
Perks of Online Shopping
People spend a considerable amount of their time shopping for jewelry. In this millennial world, stepping out of home and going to different shops takes so much effort, energy, and time. With the advent of technology and online shopping, jewelry shopping has never been this easier before.
- Convenience: The best perk of online shopping is the convenience that it offers. You can buy your favorite piece of jewelry at the click of a button, without going anywhere and having the delivery straight at your doorstep. There is no hassle with timings as you can shop according to your time preference.
- Collection: Online jewelry shops have an endless array of jewelry. Due to this reason, it is highly likely to find the jewelry piece of your choice in an online store than a physical store.
- Better Prices: Many of the online shops offers deals and discounts on their collection. Therefore, many times better price of jewelry is offered in online shopping.
- Easy Returns: Returning a piece of jewelry is relatively easy. All you need to do is to check the terms and conditions.
- Price Comparison: With multiple filters (like price, type, metal, stone, setting, etc.), you can choose only to see the kind of jewelry that you want to purchase. You can also make an end-to-end comparison between different jewelry pieces.
While it is a fact that online shopping is easy and convenient, the difficult part is to choose the best online shopping website/seller to have a smooth and fabulous shopping experience.
Top Things to Consider Before Buying Jewelry Online
Jewelry shopping involves a considerable investment; you need to be careful while shopping for it. With numerous benefits of online shopping, specific points need to be considered while shopping for jewelry online.
- Seller/Brand credibility: Before making a purchase, make sure that the online retailer is a reputed and trusted seller. You may check start by checking out their listings and reviews.
- Authenticity: Since you cannot touch and feel jewelry online, you should always go for an online retailer that provides hallmarks and certificates with the jewelry to confirm its authenticity.
- Return policy: Whenever you buy jewelry online, ensure that you go through the details about the shipping and return policies. Most of the websites have a 30-day return policy with terms and conditions applied. However, these policies vary from seller to seller. You should always look out for an online retailer with really flexible return and shipping policies.
- Contact details: Ensure that correct and complete contact details are mentioned on the seller's website. A trusted and reputable online retailer would mention all details, including the phone number, email address, and the store's physical address.
- Price break up: The costs of any jewelry piece depend on multiple factors such as the metal, use of precious gemstones or any other stone, making changes, and other taxes. These prices frequently vary because of differences in metal rates, so always go with a seller who provides fair pricing with accurate and correct price break up.
- Product details: Any reliable seller will provide complete information on every jewelry piece, such as dimensions of the product, purity of the stones, type of metal used, along with high-quality images from various angles and videos to bring forth a comprehensive shopping experience.
Best Places to Buy Vintage Rings Online
While it is a fact that online shopping is easy and convenient, the most challenging part is to choose the best online shopping website or retailer for a smooth and excellent shopping experience.
So, with a lot of research and analysis, we have curated the list of best places to buy fine vintage jewelry for you to have a satisfying shopping experience.
In recent times, Etsy has grown to become a leading name in online jewelry. It is a vast online platform with many private sellers, all coming together to create one of the best vintage jewelry collections ranging from unique pieces to custom and handmade vintage jewelry.
With multiple filters, you are bound to find the jewelry pieces of your liking. In addition, most of the sellers on Etsy are customer-friendly, offer competitive prices and discounts with appropriate return policies. Just keep in mind to research your end, consider the points stated above before buying jewelry online, and keep an eye on the seller's ratings and reviews for amazing vintage jewelry shopping on Etsy.
Over the past few years, the popularity of eBay has grown, which has led to limitless sellers associating with the platform and selling jewelry through it.
eBay excels in vintage jewelry collection and offers the best prices for its jewelry as the sellers on eBay do not incur any high inventory costs. Also, since many sellers are selling the same or similar product, you can choose the best one or the one you prefer.
Safety features on the website ensure that all the personal/financial details entered on the website are secure. eBay gives you all the reasons to smile when you buy vintage jewelry from there; just keep an eye on product costs, shipping and handling costs, as well as each seller's feedback for the best shopping experience.
Dover Jewelry and Diamonds
Dover Jewelry and Diamonds has been in the jewelry industry for more than 25 years and has a vast collection of unique and rare vintage jewelry in diverse styles. They have an extensive collection of vintage and antique engagement rings for sale, plus estate rings.
All their antique and vintage jewelry is carefully inspected and repaired (if required) before being sold. Further, their vintage jewelry comes with a professional Certificate of Appraisal outlining: the type of metal used (white, yellow, rose gold, platinum, etc.), the quality and cut of the diamond or precious stones (European cut, cushion cut, old mine cut, etc.) plus the type of engagement ring settings used for the diamonds or precious gemstones.
Dover Jewelry and Diamonds sources their high-quality jewelry from world-renowned designers such as Tiffany & Co, Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Henry Dunay, David Webb, and many more.
EraGem was founded in 2006 in Seattle, Washington, and sells one of the best collections of vintage rings online. They provide accurate imaging and descriptions, and most importantly, a magnificent selection that can be delivered promptly and securely.
EraGem offers free shipping and a full 60-day money-back guarantee for any reason. All the images used for depiction are of the actual items for sale. Most pieces are independently appraised and certified. Moreover, all items shipped arrive cleaned and ready-to-wear or to be gifted, making vintage jewelry shopping with them a delightful experience.
Lang Antique & Estate Jewelry
Lang Antique & Estate Jewelry buys and sells all types of antique, vintage, and estate jewelry. Not only do they have an extensive collection of vintage jewelry and rings, but the icing on the cake is their commitment to their customers.
Their mission is to build long-term relationships and become part of family traditions that cross generations. They are committed to their customers by providing an unparalleled selection, uncompromised integrity, superior service, and exceptional value.
Further, Lang Antique & Estate Jewelry offers free domestic shipping on all orders and insurance coverage for shipments to make vintage jewelry shopping a wholesome experience for you.
Long's Jewelers is a family-owned and operated full-service jeweler. Apart from the online sales, they have five stores throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire and have been in the jewelry business for over 140 years.
Long's Jewelers has the best vintage jewelry collection and offers only the highest quality jewelry along with uncompromising service at the best possible value. Their return policy lasts for 30 days with the condition that the jewelry is returned in its original condition. However, there are no refunds on special orders, engraved jewelry, or gift cards.
Estate Diamond Jewelry
Without a moment of doubt, Estate Diamond Jewelry is one of the finest vintage jewelry retailers. Vintage engagement rings and antique jewelry have been their specialty and passion for over 40 years.
With a reputation for timeless elegance, single craftsmanship, and exceptional rarity, Estate Diamond Jewelry has curated one of the world's finest collections of vintage rings and antique wedding bands. Also, they have the largest collection of high-quality engagement rings in the world.
Estate Diamond Jewelry has a proven commitment to excellence. For over 40 years, they have curated the highest quality rare Art Deco jewelry, Victorian jewelry, and stunning items from the Edwardian era. All of the jewelry in their collection has been carefully curated to ensure that they are of the highest quality at very competitive prices.
It's great to think about buying jewelry, but it's critical to do your homework as to where you buy your jewelry from. We have always emphasized the importance of purchasing jewelry from credible sellers and websites. With our selection of top places to buy vintage rings, you will have the best and satisfying shopping experience.
So, go ahead and shop now for the vintage rings of your choice!