Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Are you looking for valuable vintage brooches? You have come to the right place, I have done much research to compile a list of the most collectible vintage brooches so you can invest in pieces that will hold their value.
Included in this article:
- A list of luxury jewelry designers that are forever collectible.
- A list of the most sought-after and highly-collectible brooches for adding value to your collection.
- Tips for buying quality vintage brooches.
- Where to purchase vintage jewelry online.
- Tips for a positive shopping experience.
These brands created high-end luxury costume jewelry, making their vintage pieces a good investment. Any of the following brands are always worth collecting:
A List of the Most Collectible Vintage Brooches
Tips for Buying Vintage Brooches
- Only buy costume jewelry that is in more or less mint condition.
- Look at the back of the piece of jewelry, if there is green rust, it means the jewelry has already been damaged.
- Look for signatures to verify authenticity.
- Extremely worn plating, missing stones, missing parts, darkened or cloudy rhinestones, clasps that don't work properly, and chipped or scratched enamel all lower the value of a vintage piece.
- Look for signs of quality such substantial weight, smooth plating and sparkling stones.
- Avoid obvious repairs such as sloppy soldering and haphazard stone replacements.
Where to Buy Your Vintage Brooches
Did you know that Etsy has an extensive vintage community? I love shopping for vintage jewelry on Etsy. I like how easy it is to navigate and I love supporting small businesses! Etsy makes it simple to read reviews of each shop, so you can shop with confidence knowing other people have had positive shopping experiences. [See our favorite Etsy Shops]
I also really enjoy shopping on eBay for collectible vintage brooches. The selection is massive!
Tips for Shopping for Vintage Jewelry Online
- Make sure you search within the Vintage section or use vintage in your search terms.
- Look for shops with lots of positive reviews.
- Read the shop's "Shipping and Policies" tab before making a purchase decision.
- Read reviews and buyers feedback, only buy from shops with consistently happy customers.
- If you find a shop you like, add them to your favorites or bookmark them so you can find them again.
- Be specific in your search keywords.
There you have a list of the most valuable vintage brooches, as you can see there is quite a lot of them!
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below! I always answer.